Re: diffs between a buffer and the underlying file

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: diffs between a buffer and the underlying file
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:20:58 +0200

Urs Thuermann <urs@isnogud.escape.de> writes:

> michael@cadilhac.name (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:
>
>> I think what you want is
>> M-x diff-buffer-with-file RET RET
>
> It seems my Emacs 20.7 compiled from the sources and Emacs 21 on
> Debian GNU/Linux don't know this.  Is this something new in Emacs 22
> or do I have to load some Elisp file to be able to use this function?

It has been added on 2002-09-01 by RMS, according to the ChangeLog.

You can try to

1) Use the implementation of
   http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/files.el?view=markup
2) Use Emacs 22 (Best choice ;-))

> I didn't get your answer in this newsgroup from my neesfeed.

I've just changed my mail address, and help-gnu-emacs didn't know me
when I sent this mail. It should be fixed now, thanks :-)

--
/!\ My mail address changed, please update your files accordingly.
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |  Un certain Blaise Pascal              |