Re: passing data to process sentinel

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: passing data to process sentinel
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:42:10 +0200

Gordon Beaton <n.o.t@for.email> writes:

> I'd like to be able to pass the name of the temporary file to a
> process sentinel so it can be cleaned up after tkdiff exits, for
> example by attaching the filename to the process object itself where
> it can be retrieved in the sentinel. To me this seems more elegant
> than storing the filename elsewhere and looking it up.

For the record, Emacs 22 has that feature:

    *** Processes now have an associated property list where programs
    can maintain process state and other per-process related
    information.

    Use the new functions `process-get' and `process-put' to access,
    add, and modify elements on this property list. Use the new
    functions `process-plist' and `set-process-plist' to access and
    replace the entire property list of a process.

--
Johan Bockgård