Re: Auctex Preview-Latex and texmf

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Auctex Preview-Latex and texmf
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:01:34 +0200

nicola.vianello@gmail.com writes:

> Hi folks,
>  I recently installed auctex for emacs on mu account for non-privileged
> user in the server of my company. I compiled it with the following
> commands
> ./configure --with-prefix=~/local --with-lispdir=~/elisp --with-emacs
> --with-packagelispdir=~/elisp/auctex --without-texmf-dir
> --with-auctexstartfile='auctex.el'
> --with-previewstartfile='preview-latex.el'
>
> according to the fact that in ~/local is the local directory similar to
> /usr/local and considering the fact that my lisp directory is ~/elisp.
> I choose to put also  --without-texmf-dir to compile the preview-latex
> without trying to write on texmf directory (where I have no
> privileges).
>
> It seems to work correctly but at the end I found that in the Command
> menu I have no Preview items.....

What makes you think there should be any there?  Preview has its own
menus.

And you did not mention how you choose to activate AUCTeX and
preview-latex.

It would make much more sense to report your problem with
M-x preview-report-bug RET

since then settings and versions will be reported to the right
address.