Re: Question about setting default font

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Question about setting default font
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:27:09 -0500

"ronggui" <ronggui.huang@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.7093.1158594671.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...
> I use mouse to set the fonts from menu-bar by click "options-set
> font/fontsets", then I want to set the font I choose as default. I try
> to do it by click " options-save options", but it does not work. when
> I launch emacs again, the default font is unchanged.
>
> verision 23.0.0.1
> under windows Xp.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> 黄荣贵
> Department of Sociology
> Fudan University

Try this:
Options > Customize Emacs > Specific Face > default
then set all the parameters
finally Set for Current Session and Save for Future Sessions
this will write a form to your .emacs
e.g.in mine

(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(default ((t (:stipple nil :background "ghostwhite" :foreground "black"
:inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil :underline
nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 108 :width normal :family
"outline-arial unicode ms")))))

Ed