Re: Changing the Background and foreground colors in Emacs

From: jmg3000
Subject: Re: Changing the Background and foreground colors in Emacs
Date: 18 Sep 2006 17:13:04 -0700

Don Kauffman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been very frustrated trying to locate information on changing the
> background color in Emacs.

Hi Don,

I'm just a novice on Emacs at the moment, but the first thing I did to
get Emacs looking good was to add

(color-theme-gray30)

to my ~/.emacs file (but then I tweaked it to get the comments to not
be italic). grey30 rocks. :)

To choose a theme you like, quit Emacs, run "sudo apt-get install
emacs-color-schemes", then open up Emacs and go the "Tools --> Color
Themes" menu item. When the new buffer opens, just scroll down and hit
RET for each one 'til you find one you like. Once you've chosen one, do
"Options --> Save Options".

---John