emacs under Eterm

From: address@hidden
Subject: emacs under Eterm
Date: 19 Sep 2006 01:28:03 -0700

Hi everybody,
I used Emacs happily for some time now, but - having switched recently
my terminal brought me bad news:
under Konsole evrything was fine, but using Eterm suddenly my backspace
stopped working, resuming the awful "bcksp+bcksp=help" behaviour (but
which evil mind ever devised such folly?).

Under my .emacs file I have as usual the lines
(global-set-key [delete] 'delete-char)
(global-set-key [kp-delete] 'delete-char)

but apparently they're not sufficient...

thanks for any info...

Alessandro Magni