Re: Debugging calendar gremlin in emacs 22.0.50.1

From: ken
Subject: Re: Debugging calendar gremlin in emacs 22.0.50.1
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 04:29:07 -0400

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Replies to the list, rather than me, please.

Accident, sorry.  It seems that posts sent out by the list have no
Reply-To field in them.

> Without knowing what you thought it was supposed to do, it's hard to
> comment. If you meant, why are the %d's etc not being expanded, such
> things only happen if you use fancy-diary-display, and from the sound
> of it you aren't.

I've always used fancy-diary-display so, yes, I was assuming that the
%d's would be expanded with their values with simple-diary-display and
other functions like diary-sunrise-sunset and diary-phases-of-moon would
likewise be evaluated and their output displayed.  I guess that by
thinking the ordinary language meanings of "simple" and "fancy" I
misunderstood.  So... it's one of those cases of "That's not a bug, it's
a *feature*!"

I'm curious now... why would anyone want to use the simple diary
display...?  And why is it the default?

--
"It is not knowable how long that conflict would last, it could last,
you know, six days, six weeks.  I doubt six months."