Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system (& ...rwindow)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system (& ...rwindow)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:50:28 +0200

Mathias Dahl wrote:
Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

Looks like the trick we play around line 3005 of w32fns.c isn't
working.  What Windows version is that?  Is there someone on this
list who can make LWIN-r combo work for them in Emacs, in any
version of Windows?

I just tested with emacs -q and it works as for the parent poster,
i.e. Win+s gives me `search-backward-regexp' but Win+r opens up the
Run dialog. The same applies for Win+e (open Explorer.exe).

I use CVS Emacs from 2006-03-20 on Windows XP.

This behaviour is consistent with MS documentation. To avoid that windows left and right keys open for example the run dialog with Win+r you have to implement a low level keyboard hook.

That is what I have done in the patched version of Emacs that you can download together with EmacsW32. I think we made a decision that this part of my patches should not go into Emacs 22. Actually my own opinion is however that it should.