Re: Arrowless navigation

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Arrowless navigation
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:39:22 +0200

Jochem Huhmann <joh@gmx.net> writes:

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> What is the tip with left control key exactly (which is useless
>> here -ie. I never use it) ?
>
> For me the Control key on the lower left corner of the keyboard is in
> the perfect place. I don't need even a finger to press and hold it, I
> just tilt down my hand to the left and press with my hand at the base
> joint of my pinky. Leaves all ten fingers free for typing.

Yes that's the way to go (for touch typists) it leaves your fingers in
the home position.  But I think it's more natural (and more symmetric
in the line of the shift key and capital letters) when you are also
using the right CTRL key.  For example C-f is done with the outside of
your right bale on the right CTRL key and of course with the left
index finger.  You can better reach e.g. C-6 (as prefix argument) and,
I think, it's more natural for these C-M-[adb] commands, pressing 3
keys with on hand at the same time is quite a feat.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany