88 colors terminals

From: Alexandru E. Ungur
Subject: 88 colors terminals
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:54:30 +0300

Hi all,

I'm pretty newbie to Emacs, but very happy to finally take the step and
try to learn it :)

I have a question: I recently switched to urxvt as my terminal, and
discovered it can actually use 88 colors. What is the best way to take
advantage of this while using emacs in console? Are there any color
themes that use more than 8 colors in terminals, if they have the chance
to? I checked all the (50 I think) color themes that come with color-theme
package, but none of them seemed any different than from an 8 colors
terminal.

Thank you,
and have a nice day everyone,
Alex