Re: Open files by moving cursor over the path name in a buffer and a k

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Open files by moving cursor over the path name in a buffer and a key troke
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:13:13 -0600

CloudStrife wrote:
 I would like to implement the following feature:
 If there is a filename within one buffer, I would like
 to open this file just by moving the point over that
 filename and hitting a special keystroke.

THere is a similar thread in this group that deals with this topic but
inspite of reading it and tring it didnot herlp. hrer is what happened

####### say this is some buffer########
source /tools/linux/directory/foo.tcl

######## Buffer ends ##############

Now i would like to open the file by positioning my cursor over
"/tools/linux/directory/foo.tcl" at any point and open it either in the
same buffer or preferably another buffer.
What was suggested in the thread was to use M-X find-file-at-point
RETURN
but this is behaving exactly like C-X C-F and the mini buffer is asking
for the file name. I donot know what is happening. please enlighten
Thanks in adavance
-Cloud

So your complaint is that `M-x find-file-at-point' requires you to
type RET to confirm that /tools/linux/directory/foo.tcl is the file
you want to visit?

(BTW, if you run `M-x ffap-bindings', then `C-x C-f' will run
find-file-at-point for you instead of find-file and `C-x 4 f' will
run ffap-other-window instead of find-file-other-window.)

--
Kevin