.emacs or .emacs-init file to modify ^H

From: Anderson Krista
Subject: .emacs or .emacs-init file to modify ^H
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:39:40 -0400

Hello,

I'm a long-time emacs user (First Bell Labs and then GNU), but new to MS Windows.  If I have a few simple things to do like:

(global-set-key "\C-h" 'delete-backward-char)
(global-set-key "\M-?" 'help-command)
(display-time)
(setq line-number-mode t)

then how do I make gnu emacs point to the MS Windows directory that has the .emacs or .emacs-init file?  Also, how do I make it find a simple lisp file in an MS Windows directory?

I didn't build it from a configuration file, but just downloaded binaries.

Thanks much,
Krista Anderson