How do I stop emacs from locking my unattended file?

From: bill
Subject: How do I stop emacs from locking my unattended file?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:13:15 -0700 (PDT)

When I have a file open with Xemacs it "locks" up if I don't use it for a few
minutes. I then have to type "y" to unlock, and then "yes" when I want to
save it. I'm sure emacs is trying to help me, but the way I work I have to
pauce for several minutes. I'd like to turn this feature off, but cannot
even name what the feature is -- this has made searching hard. Any
suggestions?