tramp questions

From: Ajit Mylavarapu
Subject: tramp questions
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 16:30:43 -0700

Hi,

I am using tramp to access files over SSH. Everything is working mostly fine. There are two little problems (if you will), that I observe when using tramp:

1. When I open a new file over SSH, it takes a little while to open the file up. I understand that this is dependent on the speed of the connection and also the responsiveness of the remote box, but is there a way to speed this up?

2. Also, sometimes when I am editing a file, the cursor stops momentarily. This does not happen with local files. Is there a way that I can get rid of this problem, maybe by decreasing the frequency with which tramp communicates over SSH?

Thanks for any help,
Ajit.