How to handle overfilled mode line?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: How to handle overfilled mode line?
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 00:42:48 +0200

Hi,

my mode line is overly filled with much useful informations from
different modes like circe, emms, etc. If the buffer name is a littlebit
longer, it doesn't fit on my screen anymore.

How can I handle this? Is there a solution like a multi-line mode line,
or a mode line which scrolls like many mp3 players do?

Bye and thanks,
Tassilo
--
[Emacs] is written in Lisp, which is the only computer language that is
beautiful.  -- Neal Stephenson, _In the Beginning was the Command Line_