Re: How to handle overfilled mode line?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How to handle overfilled mode line?
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:57:47 -0600

robert.thorpe@antenova.com wrote:
Tassilo Horn wrote:
Hi,

my mode line is overly filled with much useful informations from
different modes like circe, emms, etc. If the buffer name is a littlebit
longer, it doesn't fit on my screen anymore.

How can I handle this? Is there a solution like a multi-line mode line,
or a mode line which scrolls like many mp3 players do?

What a painful problem, I can think of no good solution.

How about writing a command to temporarily display the entire mode line,
using something like

(tooltip-show (format-mode-line mode-line-format t))

or

(message-box "%s" (format-mode-line mode-line-format t))

Ideally it would preserve the mode line face, though.

--
Kevin