RE: Macro restore from buffer

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Macro restore from buffer
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:46:38 -0700

    Wimped out and dumped a keyboard macro into a buffer, saved to file
    then exited emacs before figuring out about name-kbd-macro etc.
    Question: can I load the "macro file" into a buffer and then store it
    out somehow as a macro, or am I just outta luck?  It's a somewhat
    complex sequence and it worked perfectly.

I'm no expert on this, but try selecting the dumpted text and then using
`M-x read-kbd-macro'. And see the doc for this command.