Re: bibtex label

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: bibtex label
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:48:18 -0600

mjh127 wrote:
when bibtex suggests a label for a publication written by author
'firstname lastname' it usually turns out to be 'lastnameYY' with YY
being the truncated year of publication. However, I want it to be
'lastnameYYYY' with the full year of publication. I probalby will have
to change some bibtex.el file. But which lines of the code are to be
changed and how?

I don't even use bibtex, but it only took about a minute to find the
relevant option:

C-h v bibtex-autokey-year-length

--
Kevin