Re: Can I ask a Simple question?

From: Sam Peterson
Subject: Re: Can I ask a Simple question?
Date: 11 Oct 2006 05:04:07 -0700

neil <neil@serenity.region4.net> writes:

> We all know that emacs is complicated and hard for novice users.
> Especially for someone as slow as me. I have been searching the Internet
> for 3 hours and i cannot find the answer.

Don't feel so bad, this feature is particularly thorny due to X font
weirdness.  There's all sorts of ways to do it.  The way that
consistently works for me:

M-x customize-face RET
default RET

Play with the options using the mouse.  When you find what you like,
click Set for current session and then Save for future sessions.

--
Sam Peterson
skpeterson AT nospam ucdavis.edu