Issue with spanning cells above or below with table.el

From: martin . gignac
Subject: Issue with spanning cells above or below with table.el
Date: 13 Oct 2006 13:39:09 -0700

Hi,

I'm using Emacs 22.0.50.1 and use the table.el function a lot. I've
noticed however that when I use the 'table-span-cell' command with the
values 'above' or 'below' it doesn't work properly and spews out an
error.

To recreate the error everytime, here is what I do:

1. Issue the command 'table-insert' and create a 3 x 3 table with all
default values (cell width:5, height:1). The following table is
created:

+-----+-----+-----+
|     |     |     |
+-----+-----+-----+
|     |     |     |
+-----+-----+-----+
|     |     |     |
+-----+-----+-----+

2. Position the cursor at the top leftmost cell and issue the
'table-span-cell' command with an argument of below.

3. The following error is spewed out: "Symbol's function definition is
void: regexp-opt-charset"

And the while the cell is *not* spanned, the lower border is shifted to
the left, like this:

+-----+-----+-----+
|     |     |     |

I get the feeling that this is not a bug, that the error message
returned is trying to tell me something I'm doing wrong.

Can anybody enlighten me?

Thanks,
-Martin