Re: Markdown in Emacs

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Markdown in Emacs
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:33:34 +1000

"Shug Boabby" <Shug.Boabby@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would appreciate if people could reply with comments on what they are
> using for writing/editing Markdown text files
> [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown], as it is quickly becoming my
> document preparation format of choice (with export to almost every
> machine readable format known to exist, and extensions to allow LaTeX
> equations, without the headache of LaTeX commands for everything else).

I'm not familiar with markdown and have not seen any emacs specific
support for it. However, have a look at emacs muse mode. It fulfills a
similar role and you may be able to modify/extend it to support
markdown syntax rather than its more wikki inspired syntax. I have
found it a great mode and it will produce output for latex, docbook,
texinfo, pdf, ps, html, xhtml, bloxsome and a heap of others and can
be easily extended.

emacs muse is also used as the basis for emacs planner mode, which I
find to be a really useful personal information management solution
under emacs.

HTH

Tim

--