save-buffers-kill-emacs from remote unix signal?

From: georgeryoung
Subject: save-buffers-kill-emacs from remote unix signal?
Date: 14 Oct 2006 08:51:47 -0700

[GNU emacs 22.0.50.1 sparc-sun-solaris2.9 X-toolkit]
Is there some way I can use a unix signal to remotely cause
emacs to save-buffers-kill-emacs without query,
i.e. as if I had typed ^U^X^C ?   If I leave emacs up in my
office with many unsaved buffers, I'd like to log in from home
and do "kill -something <emacs-pid>" and have it save all
buffers unconditionally and exit.

I know that I can just kill the emacs and reconstruct things from
autosave files, but I operate with *many* active buffers and this
gets to be quite difficult and error prone.

-- George