Re: Displaying text

From: Fang lun gang
Subject: Re: Displaying text
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:14:50 +0800

According to the error message, you do not have a makefile in the working
directory
of "make".

By default, emacs takes the directory of current buffer as working directory for
any command you issue.

So, you may try either one of the following:
a) M-x compile <ret> make -C /path/to/your/makefile
or
b) open your makefile and call "make" while that buffer is current buffer.

    andrew222> I then compiled it and I
    andrew222> got this message.  "No targets specified and no makefile
    andrew222> found. Stop Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Sat Oct
    andrew222> 14...".  I can tell I'll have to spend some time reading the
    andrew222> Emacs manual and tutorials.  Most compilers just compile this
    andrew222> file with no errors.

    andrew222> Thank you for your help.

    andrew222> ~Andrew

    andrew222>