Re: How to format documents like RFC

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to format documents like RFC
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:41:46 +0200

Fang lun gang <chengxiaqu@hotmail.com> writes:
> I'm reading RFCs now. And I'm wondering how could the authors format their
> document so fancy? Can emacs do that?

Yes, emacs can definitely do that.

However, nowadays, we would probably rather use a markup language,
like LaTeX or SGML (DocBook, etc), and generate the document in
various formats, text, HTML, PDF, etc.

If you want to edit just a text file like the RFCs, just start with
the text-mode, and use the minor mode auto-fill-mode.