edit remote html file

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: edit remote html file
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:40:34 +0200

I followed the tramp wiki but think I'm barking up the wrong tree. tramp
seems to be for unix machines talking to each other. My web host is a
windows machine.

I have a web site at a host "host.com"

normally I just issue the eamcs ftp command "ftp host.com" and then
put/get etc in the ftp shell which results. I have a .netrc to simplify
things.

But whats the best way to edit the remote file directly without
specifically opening an ftp shell get'ting, editing and then put'ting?

I had C-x C-f /ftp:user@host.com/index.html but I get a time out.

Suggestions or pointers gratefully appreciated. I'm not sure if Tramp is
what I want.