Re: pasting many times

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: pasting many times
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:55:02 +0200

Baurzhan Ismagulov <ibr@radix50.net> writes:

> Hello Holger,
>
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 05:31:59PM +0200, Holger Sparr wrote:
>> You might want to use `toggle-viper-mode? and bind this to a key
>> (key combination).
>>

>> Then you can do:

I think it's not fair to the other editors to claim that you only need
3 keystrokes in vi, you often have to change the modes in your
session, that represents only in the best case.

>> <your-key-to-toggle-viper> 59p <your-key-to-toggle-viper>

> Thanks, good to know! Five keystrokes instead of nine. However, IIRC,

We would need some modifier keys as well and this would result in at
least 7 keystrokes unfortunately.

> there was a combination like M-5 M-9 ?-? C-y.

I can't imagine this.  But I've another idea assuming you wan't to
have 59 additional lines with some text!

Instead of copying the text (to the kill ring) mark it with C-x . as a
fill prefix, place the cursor to a line beginning at your choosing and
type M-5 9 C-o.  Here we are with 5 keystrokes.

Do you intend to modify the 59 fold copied text afterwards?

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany