Re: info files

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: info files
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:44:31 +0100

Am 30.10.2006 um 05:17 schrieb Dan Bensen:

There are tons of .info.gz files in /usr/info, but Emacs info doesn't seem to see them.

When you are in *info* and type C-x d (to enter dired mode): where are you? If you're outside of /usr/info (presumingly in /usr/local/ info), then you'll need to add /usr/info to the environment variable INFOPATH. Or you set an INFOPATH environment variable in some init file (site-start.el, .emacs) ...

Check also that a ``dir´´ file exists that contains descriptions of all info.gz files!

--
Greetings

  Pete

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to live