Re: minibuffer, input methods

From: Martin Steffen
Subject: Re: minibuffer, input methods
Date: 30 Oct 2006 20:57:20 +0100

    B> "Martin Steffen" <msteffen@ifi.uio.no> wrote in message
    >>

    >> input method also when being prompted for the search string.

    B> Is the integer that represents a character really a property? I
    B> don't think that diacriticals are properties even when using non
    B> pre-composed glyphs. I have this variable left at nil and the
    B> minibuffer inherits the input method wherever I think it should.

I don't exactly know whether it's a property, I only
observed that setting the variable seemed to bring
me nearer to the solution.

    B> (read-string "string: " nil nil nil t)

    B> works for me on 21.3 w32 build. I didn't use german-prefix
    B> (latin-1-postfix instead) but it should work for any of them. Have a
    B> look at the read-string function via C-h f. The fourth optional
    B> argument is INHERIT-INPUT-METHOD.

Yep, that did it, great. Thank you.  I know that somewhere emacs was
prepared to be adapted to what I wanted (I have a new keyboard etc
now).

Still, emacs rules :-)

hilsen, Martin