No 3d modeline

From: Chris Menzel
Subject: No 3d modeline
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:51:36 +0000 (UTC)

I compiled the latest xft branch of GNU emacs under both Ubuntu 6.10 and
FreeBSD 5.4 and have an identical problem with both of them.  Everything
seems to work just fine except that, instead of the usual 3d modeline,
I'm getting a flat 2d modeline.  Moreover, occasionally, when I scroll
down through a buffer a line or screen at a time, the last line of text
being displayed in the buffer window will overwrite some or all of the
modeline and I have to hit Ctrl-L to get it back.  Along the same lines,
the button widgets in the customization buffers are all 2d as well.  Can
anyone tell me what library or libraries (or anything else) I might be
missing that would cause this to occur?  I compiled with the gtk
toolkit, in case that is relevant.

Thanks.

Chris Menzel