Scrolling problem in Emacs 22.

From: François-Denis Gonthier
Subject: Scrolling problem in Emacs 22.
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:01:40 -0500

Hi all

I just compiled a rather recent Emacs snapshot and noticed that,
sadly, it still had the problem that made me stop using it two months
ago.  I have looked over the net for something like this but have
found nothing.

On my computer, Emacs 22 has a strange scrolling bug which make
scrolling a document down quite painful and jerky.  In slow motion,
it's like emacs overestimates the amount by which it needs to scroll.
After scrolling, the caret is pushed back two lines away.  This
doesn't happen when scrolling up, with the caret on top of the window.

I have scroll-step and scroll-conservatively set to 1 and 100..00
respectively.  I've tried setting them to various values and it
changed nothing so I'm thinking I'm not looking at the right place.

Am I the only one having that problem and is there any solution?

F-D