problem with background color setting

From: Rodrigo Lazo
Subject: problem with background color setting
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:57:51 -0500

hi,

I've been struggling to set the default background color of my emacs.

First I tried setting it on my .emacs

(if window-system
    (progn
      (color-theme-initialize)
      (color-theme-vim-colors)
      (set-background-color "ivory")))

upon startup it's set to ivory but when all the startup routine is
ended it's reset to white. Then I moved the set-background-color
command to be the last line on the file, same result.

Then I tried using .Xdefaults
Emacs*background: #FFFFF0

I get the same.

Then I read at the emacs wiki section KDEandColor and changed my gtk
theme to clearlooks and others, useless.

am I missing something here?

Please help!

--

Rodrigo Lazo (rlazo)