Re: Regular expression search

From: vb
Subject: Re: Regular expression search
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:10:59 -0800

Kevin,

thank you for your explanation. The [[:print:]] notation didn't quite work
either, but following your suggestion I tried \\S- and it worked.

(defun vb-first-printable ()
  (interactive)
  (beginning-of-line)
  ( if (re-search-forward "\\S-" (line-end-position) 't)
      (backward-char)
    )
)

Boy, nothing is what it seems with emacs :-)

cheers,
/vb