Re: c-mode post-line-break indentation

From: Robert Figueiredo
Subject: Re: c-mode post-line-break indentation
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:46:36 -0800

Hello,
The behavior I want in c-mode (or java-mode) is a basic-offset of 2, but a further indent of 4 if an _expression_ is broken across lines.  For example,

LongClassName lcn =
    new LongClassName(someLongArguments);

I can not figure out how to do this :c\
It seems like the only option is writing a function to parse this structure and tab it accordingly, and adding that to c-offsets-alist, but that seems like a ton of work for something my IntelliJ-using coworkers get for free.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob Figueiredo