Re: How to insert a new line below current line?

From: Chris Menzel
Subject: Re: How to insert a new line below current line?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:04:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:14:00 +0800, gniuxiao
<gniuxiao.mailinglist@gmail.com> said:

>> You mean you want to be able to do with with one keystroke instead of
>> two?
>
> Yes! And I want to know if there exists the default keystroke rather
> than writing elisp.

I don't believe there is a builtin command for this.  You could of
course write a macro and assign it to a single keystroke, but I must say
I have a hard time perceiving much of a difference in effort between
"Hold down Ctrl, <key>" and "Hold down Ctrl, ej" given the lightening
quick reflexes of the average Emacs user. :-)