Re: emacs shell hangs on W32 with python

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: emacs shell hangs on W32 with python
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:44:48 +0100

Would it not be a good idea to try the CVS version of Emacs for this now since the pretest will soon begin? Go here for precompiled versions:

   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryWThirtyTwo

emin.shopper@gmail.com wrote:
Hmm, it doesn't even work if I run the cygwin version of GNU Emacs and
have it start the Windows version of python through python-mode or if I
start a shell in emacs and then start the Windows version of python
through the shell. Interestingly, however, things DO seem to work if I
use cygwin emacs with cygwin python (version 2.4.1).

I wonder if the windows version of Tkinter does something weird such as
implicitly calling Tk.mainloop()...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Brian Elmegaard wrote:
emin.shopper@gmail.com writes:

Is there any way to run python through emacs or xemacs without having
it hang or is shell support broken?
Doing it from eshell gives the same problem :-(
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html