unreading a prefix key

From: rgb
Subject: unreading a prefix key
Date: 10 Nov 2006 08:34:00 -0800

When I press [C-apps] I want it to be the same as pressing [?\C-\S-c].
I do something similar with [apps] being the same as [?\C-x] like this:
(global-set-key [apps]     (lookup-key global-map [?\C-x]))

I've tried lots of things but since C-c is defined in mode keymaps
rather than the global map the solution isn't as straightforward.
Complicating things, C-apps isn't a 'normal' key so this doesn't
work

(keyboard-translate C-apps ?\C-\S-c)

My initial thoughts were that this should work.

(global-set-key [C-apps]   (lambda ()(interactive)
                             (push [?\C-\S-c] unread-command-events)))

But it doesn't and I don't see any clue why in the doc.
Any ideas on how this can be done?

Thanks