Re: Nested grep

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Nested grep
Date: 16 Nov 2006 00:02:22 -0800

Drew Adams wrote:

> OK. I just added similar commands to compile+20.el, for use with Emacs
> versions prior to 22: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/compile%2b20.el.
> However, since there is no grep-specific keymap prior to Emacs 22, I have
> not bound the new commands.

Thanks, it's working well.  Though I'm missing something like I
originally suggested: an easy way to go back to the previous grep
buffer.

I think when one opens a new grep buffer (while keeping the previous
one) then one usually does it to quickly investigate something which
occured when perusing the first grep. So it would be logical to have a
means to easily close the current grep buffer and return to the
previous one.

Currently, in your implementation pressing 'q' in the grep buffer only
closes the current one leaving to the user to switch to the previous
grep buffer. Wouldn't make it more sense for q to switch to the last
recently used grep buffer if there is one? With an option maybe?