Re: two more emacs questions

From: vb
Subject: Re: two more emacs questions
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:00:43 -0800

Another emacs annoyance (at least for us, unfortunate users of other,
less priviledged editors ;-)) is its handling of undo. It does not

May I ask which editor?

crisp (as in www.crisp.com) has been doing this for at least twelve
years now...

Looks nice and capable, so why do you want to play with some other
editor?  Emacs can't do any miracles either (except some small,
uplifting ones, you might have seen my organisation header 8-).

In earnest, I think this is partly a matter of taste and style, some
prefer an interface with strong visual hints and some prefer a more
abstract approach.

Nothing to argue about.

well, a big difference is that emacs is free and crisp costs money, I moved departments in the company and just was not ready fork out my own $300 or whatever it is these days for the office use. Crisp's colorization, macro language and customization flexibility in my opinion exceeds that of emacs. After a few weeks of macking around with Lisp and asking questions (and getting prompt and to the point answers!) on this forum I got myself more or less comfortable with emacs, but I still think Crisp is a superior product.

OTOH emacs is available pretty much anywhere, and for free, being able to use it efficiently is a good skill after all :-)

cheers,
/vb

--
   Best wishes