sql-postgres under windows gives a blank buffer.

From: charlie
Subject: sql-postgres under windows gives a blank buffer.
Date: 21 Nov 2006 07:35:40 -0800

Hi,

I've been trying to get emacs (21.3) to play nicely with psql (8.1)
under windows (XP) using the sql.el that comes as standard. When I run
sql-postgres it asks me all the normal questions and then gives me a
completely blank *SQL* buffer. When I type in that buffer it is
editable but no amount semi-colons or carriage returns will get a
response from the psql process that it has started.
I am able to connect outside of emacs, and I have pointed
sql-postgres-program at the correct place.
Any ideas, suggestions?

Cheers,
Charlie