Re: Installing matlab mode under Windows XP

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Installing matlab mode under Windows XP
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:36:31 -0700

Perry Smith wrote:
First, there an emacs variable called load-path. It is a list of directories emacs searches when a load is done. What I do myself is I have all my emacs lisp in a directory called emacs. Then in my .emacs file I do:

(setq load-path (append load-path (list "~/emacs")))

If you keep things in separate sub directories, then the list will be the list of all the places emacs needs to look in.

I believe there is a slicker way to do this.

Then create a subdirs.el file in the directory (e.g. ~/emacs/subdirs.el)
with these contents:

(if (fboundp 'normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path)
    (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path))

--
Kevin