Re: efficient editing question (hot key , ccmode)

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: efficient editing question (hot key , ccmode)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:12:13 -0700

Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
"Ronald" <followait@163.com> writes:

"Kevin Rodgers" <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> ??????:mailman.951.1164126341.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...
Ronald wrote:
And how to let ``{}" work in the same way?
(global-set-key "\M-{" 'insert-pair)

Maybe I should get the function,``insert-pair",first.

It's a standard Emacs (22) function.

Oops, sorry for not checking that.

When the caret is in the middle of a line,
how to new a line and move the caret there automatically?
If by caret you mean point: C-e RET
Maybe I should define something like C-; , who has less key strokes.

When it's not taken already, why not?

,----[ File: emacs, Node: Keymaps, Next: Prefix Keymaps, Up: Key Bindings ]
`----

--