Re: Hard to switch from vi

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Hard to switch from vi
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:26:40 -0500

> So far, my understanding is that Emacs takes more key strokes on the
> average to accomplish same purposes.  It bothers me a little at
> this point.

Of course, Emacs takes more keystrokes to do what `vi' does well.
And conversely, vi takes more keystrokes to do what Emacs does well.

E.g. I never "delete 5 lines".  Instead I "delete this sub-expression" where
the sub-expression may indeed occupy 5 lines, but I don't bother counting
it: C-M-k.

        Stefan