Mac OS X/Emacs/C mode/compiling & executing programs

From: Frank Murray
Subject: Mac OS X/Emacs/C mode/compiling & executing programs
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:48:59 -0500

Hello,

   This is a new post and this is also a newbie question.  I am trying
to Run a C program in the Emacs editor.  It compiles, but unfortunately,
it does not Run or Execute.  Sample code is listed directly below:

printf("Enter an x-value.\n");
scanf("%f", &x);

printf("Enter a y-value.\n");
scanf("%f", &y);

Within the Emacs editor, the above listed code does not Run; it compiles,
but does not Run or execute.

What is really confusing is that within the Mac OS X terminal window, it both
compiles and Runs.  It seems as though within the Emacs editor, the scanf
function does not work.

For example, if you type in the number "6" after the printf prompt, and then scanf
takes in the value for "x" say, a debug printf statement spits out the x-value as 0.

So, I'm guessing I'm not including a specific library or runtime engine, I'm not sure.
Any information is appreciated.  Thanks.

fjm