Re: Trace Format files on AIX

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Trace Format files on AIX
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:32:54 -0700

Perry Smith wrote:
Two questions, first the easy one:

Does anyone have a 'font-lock-mode' for the trace format files that AIX uses?

Assuming the answer to that is no... Where should I start?

C-h f define-generic-mode
C-h f define-derived-mode

I would like two basic things when I edit a trace format file. One would be to highlight and color various parts of the file like C mode does in font-lock-mode. But more importantly is a syntax check. I have a package called nxml that does this for xml things. I'm not sure if the two concepts are connected or not (I think not actually).

--
Kevin