Re: problems starting windows compiled help files with start-process

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: problems starting windows compiled help files with start-process
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:29:43 +0100

Dieter Wilhelm wrote:

Have you tried using `w32-shell-execute'?

(w32-shell-execute "Open" "blabla.chm")

Exactly what I needed, works perfect, thank you.

Sad that these functions are not mentioned in the Emacs manual for
(emacs)Windows Processes.  I'm coding mostly under Linux and the w32-*
functions are not available when trying `describe-function'.

That is because no one has had the time to rewrite that part.

Reading that part I also found that it is about running DOS processes on MS Windows. I suggest that we rename to to reflect this.