Re: arch-tag in Emacs sources

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: arch-tag in Emacs sources
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:24:55 +0100

On Mon, Dec 04 2006, Dieter Wilhelm wrote:

> No I read in the Emacs wiki that arch was another version control
> system.  I thought that Emacs is under CVS control?  In what way are
> these tags used?

The primary/official version control system is CVS.  But Miles Bader
does a synchronization from CVS to Arch for the CVS trunk and several
branches (unicode2, ...).  He does the same for Gnus and uses arch
facilities to keep the Gnus repository (stable branch = v5-10) and
Gnus in Emacs in sync.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,