Re: OT:cscope/tags

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: OT:cscope/tags
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:52:43 +0100

Thorsten Bonow <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

>     Hadron> Anyone here using cscope/etags?
>
>     Hadron> I have used cscope-indexer to index my gtk headers and the linux
>     Hadron> kernel but it is unbelievably slow compared to using emacs tags
>     Hadron> functionality. Is this how it should be? Which of the many
> available
>     Hadron> cscope packages out there is the right one to use with
>
> Hi,
>
> I use the packaged version coming along with Debian Unstable. Did you try
> other
> cscope interfaces to decide if it's Emacs or cscope which is slow?

Do you have the entire kernel cscope'd? I use xcscope.

What cscope.el or equivalent do you use? I use xcscope.el. There are
lots of versions around. This was the first one I tried which worked:

; File:         xcscope.el
; RCS:          $RCSfile: xcscope.el,v $ $Revision: 1.14 $ $Date: 2002/04/10
16:59:00 $ $Author: darrylo $