Re: OT:cscope/tags

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: OT:cscope/tags
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 22:37:53 +0100

(http://groups.google.de/group/gnu.emacs.sources/browse_thread/thread/6e087f36c31336b8/92f00c90361f07da?hl=en)

    Hadron> Is there an easy way to use bscope with all the cscope keybindings?

No, because bscope lacks most of the functionality of cscope. So it is not just
a matter of rebinding keys.

But my tests with bscope weren't much faster than running xcscope without
updating the database (which bscope does not do, too). So I would recommend that
you compare that on your machine first.

There is a *new* cscope.el out there
(http://www.mail-archive.com/gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org/msg00205.html) which
doesn't need an additional bash script and looks promising. Gave it a quick look
and it could not open some of the files it showed as search results on my
XEmacs.

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

It was a nice neighborhood. If you liked neighborhoods.

Friedman, Kinky (1993), A case of Lone Star. New York (Wings Books),
302