ediff between buffer and corresponding (changed) file

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: ediff between buffer and corresponding (changed) file
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:38:05 +0100

Hi *,

the (not too uncommon) situation is this:

- I'm editing a file
- the file is changed by someone (or something) else on disk
- I want to safe my changes and emacs asks if I want to overwrite the
  changes on disk

now I would like to make a diff and merge between my version and the
version on disk, but I can't find a straight forward way top do this,
without writing a temporary file.

Am I missing something?

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde

I've always figured UNIX is a utility to be run under emacs.
        -- Charles R. Martin