Re: State-machine based syntax highlighting

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: State-machine based syntax highlighting
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 04:24:56 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
A much better strategy is to start parsing at point in each file and only
parse a screenful at a time, doing this with an external parser would be
very hard.

I know nearly nothing about those things, but I have noticed that nxml-mode uses something I think was called an rng parser. It catches syntax errors in xml files as you type.

Is that something useful?